International Military Operations Training Centre
ADL (Advanced Distributed Learning) course has been developed at IMOTC this year. Croatian Armed Forces and MOD members, civilians and members of the armed forces of partner states can attend the course. This model of learning will contribute to improved readiness of the members of armed forces to be deployed in peace missions.
Currently, we have developed a Radio Communication (Voice) Procedures Course, but in the near future we plan to offer several types of distance learning courses.
To access the above ADL course, you need to register, and course tutor will assign you a user name and password required to access the course. After successful completion of the course your data will be registered in our database.
If you already have your username and password, enter them and access ADL course. If you do not have, you can register here.
ILIAS is an Open Source Learning Management System that provides ISN - International Relations and Security Network - situated in Zurich, Switzerland.
There are several formats of courses offered by ILIAS (text, audio, video, HTML, etc.). These courses provide communication among the participants, tutor and administrator, monitoring the learning process, testing and evaluation. Since the use of this model of learning is very simple and free of charge, the opportunity to acquire and improve knowledge should be used as much as possible. Although the system of on-line learning is completely new in the CAF training system, IMOTC incorporated ADL into the new training concept and PSO Curriculum. Based on the cooperation with CAF representative at NATO Defence College in Rome, there is a Croatian MoD site on ILIAS website with a special group OSMVO/IMOTC (Croatian Army PSO Center). Within this group, there are some NATO/PfP courses of the same kind as those conducted at IMOTC. Their primary purpose is a kind of pre-deployment training for attending courses at IMOTC in order to make the best possible preparations for participation in UN/NATO operations. The courses are available to all CAF members.
A IMOTC member has been authorized by PfP Consortium to tutor the course participants (monitor and register the process of learning, testing at the end of course and having the insight into the results of participants).
NATO/PfP on-line courses on our website are the following:
- IHL3.0 - Introduction to Rules of Engagement (ROE)
- NATO Logistics
- NATO Operational Planning Process (v.2)
- NATO Peace Support Operations (v2.1)
- NATO/Partner Operational Staff Officers' Module
- PSO CIMIC - for Commanders and Staff
- PSO CIMIC - for Senior Commanders and Senior Staff
- UN Peace Support Operations Orientation Course
We are planning to create some new courses at IMOTC that will also be available through ILIAS.
Registration on PfP LMS
1) Click on http://pfp.ethz.ch/ or put it on your Internet browser.
2) If you are a new user, click on "New account registration".
3) Fill in "New account registration"; fill all blank spaces marked by an asterisk (*).
4) Click on "Register" to confirm your registration.
5) If you filled in all blank spaces correctly, your registration will be accepted. After that click on "Login to ILIAS".
6) Log on by entering your user name and password, then click on "Submit".
1) Click on "Repository".
2) In "Repository" frame, click on "Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Croatia" category.
3) In the "Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Croatia" category you can see "OSMVO/IMOTC (Croatian Army PSO Centre)" subcategory; click on "Join" on the right side.
4) In the "OSMVO/IMOTC" window, click on "Request membership" option. Your request will be sent to the course tutor who is going to verify it the next working day. When your request is accepted, you will have access to the course.
The course tutor and POC: SSG Kristian Hunjet
tel: +385 1 33 89 247
The course tutor will monitor your progress during the course, read, report and answer your questions.
Copyright © 2008 by IMOTC All rights reserved.